24/02/2011

Texture Maps

These textures were created in Photoshop. I used reference images I had taken with my camera as well as brushes.


This texture done completely in PS with using brushes and multiple layers with the smudge tool as well.
This power box was created to look rusty and very old. I used a font to get the electricity warning sign. Again the smudge tool in PS was used to get the running stains effect. The front panel also has a bump map displaying the volatge of the the power box.
All of the padlock was created from scratch in PS apart from the the key slot at the bottom, which was sourced from online. I added a bump map for the lettering on the lock.




For the meter I created the entire front panel with numbers in PS. I couldn't find the desired looking front I wanted. I think it looks really good and realistic myself.


This is the main shell of the cabinet/box. All sourcxed from the photographs I took in Markeaton Park. I added my own rust and damage wear for the interior panels where the components sit using PS.


I added some writing to the fuse box to give it a sense of use. Not just sat there doing nothing. Also I used a bump map for the outline of the door on the front. Again using brushes to get that speckeled dirt effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment